Considering renting your cottage?
How does it work?
We visit your cottage, take photos, and discuss your requirements. Together we will work out a suitable rental price. We also discuss ways to make your cottage more marketable. We design your web page, including as many photos and wirte a description as needed to effectively showcase the features of your cottage. Then we market the cottage rental on our website and through other sources.
As your cottage rental agency, we field inquiries, screen the clients, and book them. Then our rental agency arranges payment and damage deposits. We also arrange showings of your rental cottage to prospective vacationers.
Finally we make arrangements for arrival, and departure, between rental cleanings and inspection.
How much does it cost?
There is an initial set-up fee and a small percentage of the cottage rental bookings we make for you.
If you would like to get more information about this rental management service, call 800-565-4790 or email@example.com
We are a cottage rental marketing management agency for cottages in the Bayfield, Goderich, Port Albert area.
My strength is marketing and communication - both you as the owner and the guest need to feel comfortable. Pictures need to reflect those things that make your cottage special. And we will market your property through social marketing (Instagram, Facebook) and through a few listing sites. BUT potential guests will need to answer a number of questions - which helps to get a "feeling" for them - and starts to develop a relationship with them. They will also have to sign a rental agreement and provide a copy of their photo id.
Cottage Rental Marketing how does it work?
- We will meet with you to compile cottage information, and photograph your property
- We will create a listing for your property with quality photos and an availability calendar. It will be professional looking with a great looking mobile site as well. Most people search for vacation properties on their phones nowadays
- You will get access to your own Owners page where you can manage your own calendar (block off time you want to use your property personally, or when you have booked it through other sources yourself)
- We will advertise online with multiple listing services
- as well as marketing on social media and through local organizations as well.
- As your cottage rental agency, we field inquiries, take applications, and prescreen potential guests. If you are concerned, you can approve all rentals! After a guest has sent a request, we will send you all the information we have and you have the option to approve/deny the rental. Keep in mind if I have a 'bad feeling' I won't bother you. I do try hard to develop a relationship with guests
- Create a "Welcome Information Package" and "Map" for your property, which will help to ensure that all bookings proceed smoothly.
- No fees are charged until you rent your cottage through any inquiries through us
Optional Services for additional fees:
- can arrange between rental cleanings and develop a cleaning checklist to ensure it meets your standards. This can be the difference between a 4 or 5 star review
- We can provide a lockbox if you don't already have one. Cost is deducted from first rental
- can pickup garbage/recycling each week and refill propane tanks as needed (price depends on amount of garbage expected & distance) OR can charge the guest for pickup if they don't take with them.
- We can provide/develop a custom Welcome basket with essentials for all your guests (ie. toothpaste, toothbrush, hotel toiletries shampoo/soap, local wine/beer/sweets etc.) $10-$20 per rental depending on what you include - this could be the difference between a 4 or 5 star review too!
- can arrange grass cutting/landscaping services including Spring/Fall cleanup
- can arrange unique services for guests to help promote Spring/Fall rentals. eg. Spa weekend - arrange for a local massage therapist to give guests personal massages/pedicures OR have a personal chef come and prepare a fabulous romantic meal or family meal OR arrange a tour of local wineries/breweries including transportation to/from your cottage
Benefits of using Cottage Rental Management Agency:
- We handle advertising on the Internet on multiple vacation rental sites with good quality photos to present your property as best we can - showcasing what makes your property special
- We ask many questions and allow you to approve/deny each rental. We require copy of the primary renter's drivers license and they have to sign an agreement
- A damage deposit is paid by Renters (& held for a period of time after the rental ends) to help ensure that your property is cared for;
- We handle the paperwork, and all communications
- you can do as much or as little as you like eg cleaning and garbage pickup
- We do not permit weekend-only rentals during the summer season in order to attempt to prevent renters from using your cottage inappropriately.
Call or email if you would like to know more.