Terms & Conditions for Guests
- CottageStays rents to responsible parties 25 years, or older. A valid Driver’s License, or other acceptable photo identification is required prior to arrival. CottageStays reserves the right to refuse service.
- The cottage renter shall check-in after 4PM and check-out by 10am
- A security deposit of $500 is due 10 days before arrival and will be returned in full within 7 days of Checkout
- Cancellation Policy:The deposit will be refunded as follows:
100% less $50 cancellation fee, if cancelled up to 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% less $50 cancellation fee, if cancelled up to 14 days prior to the Check-in Date
$0 if cancelled within 14 days of Check-InThe cottage renter will not be refunded for a late arrival or early departure.
- If the Cottage Owner is struck by disaster prior to occupancy, then all contracts will be NULL and VOID. In the highly unlikely event that the Cottage Owner shall be unable to provide the cottage for occupancy CottageStays shall refund, in full, to the Renter all monies paid to CottageStays.
- The cottage guest should not attempt repairs and should contact the cottage owner as soon as possible to make emergency repairs.
- Guests will comply with individual Maximum Occupancy rules and will list all guest/visitor first and last names
- Pets are only allowed at certain properties and guests will have to sign a separate pet addendum
- Uninvited Pets: In the country, cottages are often visited by mice, squirrels, etc, and insects that fly such as black flies, mosquitoes and crawling insects such as wood roaches and spiders. These creatures are a part of nature. Much care and effort has been taken to prevent these visitors from entering the Cottage. Often mother nature circumvents all man-made obstacles. Therefore the Cottage Owner does not accept such irritations as grounds for cancellation of a rental and/or a refund of monies.
- The cottage renter shall assume responsibility for any willful or negligent damages to the cottage and its premises. This is why it is so important that you report any damage to the Property upon arrival or occurrence
- The cottage owner requires that the cottage renter have liability insurance. By signing below you acknowledge that you have the required insurance. The Owner DOES NOT provide insurance covering loss to any of the Guest’s belongings. It is the responsibility of the Guest to make sure all valuable and personal items are removed upon checking-out of the property. Agent and Owner are not responsible for any items left behind in the Property.
- NO LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION/HOLD HARMLESS: By signing this document, you understand and freely agree that you are responsible to inform your entire party and guests that the owner and leasing agents accept no responsibility for any personal injury, damage/loss that occurs and will hold the owners harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to Guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss.
- Smoking IS NOT permitted inside ANY cottage.
- QUIET TIMES: Guest and all tenants agree to observe quiet time from 9pm to 8:00am, not limited too but to include any loud music, shouting, or other actions that would violate the noise ordinances or upset neighbors
- Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner or the Agent access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner and the Agent shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Cleaning: The Renter shall clean the cottage thoroughly (eg. mop, sweep, vacuum, scrub sinks/tubs) etc. A checklist will be provided. However, you may choose professional cleaning option at an additional fee
- Garbage: All garbage and recycling must be removed from property at the end of the stay. However, you may arrange to have the Agent remove for an additional fee of $15. Check box to have garbage/recycling removed by CottageStays
Terms & Conditions for Hosts
- The Owner represents and warrants that it is the lawful owner of the Unit and has full
authority to execute this Agreement.
1.1. The Owner authorizes the Company to be his/her agent for the purpose of
executing all documents relating to the rental of the property on the terms set out in this agreement.
1.2. the Company agrees to handle all inquiries generated, qualify prospective clients,
confirm reservations, administer agreements pertaining to any and all bookings, to collect deposits and balance of all accommodation charges
1.3. Owner agrees that all information concerning persons occupying the Unit,
specifically including without limitation; names, addresses and credit card data, is the sole and exclusive property of the Company. This Agreement does not give Owner the right to use the service marks or trademarks of the Company.
- Terms of Agreement; Termination; Effect of Termination
2.1. The “Term” of this Agreement will start on the date it is signed by the Owner (or last signed by any Owner, known as the “Effective Date”) and will continue until terminated by either party on ninety (90) days’ prior written notice. Following a notice of termination, the Company will stop accepting rental reservations for the Unit for any dates occurring after the date specified in the notice.
2.2. Following receipt of Owner’s notice of termination, the Company will use its reasonable efforts to transfer any confirmed reservations scheduled to arrive on dates after the notice of termination to another comparably priced unit(s). In the event that a transfer cannot be accomplished, the Company may transfer the affected reservation(s) to a higher priced unit, and Owner will pay the Company any difference in the rental rate. If another unit is not available and the Company must cancel a reservation because of Owner’s termination, Owner will pay the Company any out of pocket expense incurred by the Company, including but not limited to returned deposits, rental payments and credit card charge backs.
3.1. During the Term of this Agreement Owner agrees to pay for and keep in effect liability insurance in the minimum amount of One Million dollars ($1,000,000).
3.2. Owner will ensure that the Unit at all times complies with all applicable building, fire and life safety codes.
- Mutual Indemnification:
4.1. Owner will indemnify, defend and hold the Company and all of their officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates harmless from and against any and all loss, cost, judgments, expenses, attorneys’ fees, suits, liabilities, damages or claims for damages arising out of the Owner’s gross negligence or willful and intentional misconduct, except as provided below in Section
4.2. the Company will indemnify, defend and hold Owner harmless from and against any and all loss, cost, judgments, expenses, attorneys’ fees, suits, liabilities, damages or claims for damages arising out of the Company’s gross negligence or willful and intentional misconduct.
- Management Services:
5.1. Owner will furnish and maintain Unit in the same manner and condition as it exists as of the Effective Date, including, but not limited to: maintaining the levels of kitchen inventory, furniture, furnishings and appliances as determined by the Company.
5.2. Owner will, upon notice from the Company, pay for any repairs deemed necessary by the Company to maintain Unit in such manner and condition as they exist as of the Effective Date.
5.3. Owner authorizes the Company to charge rental guests at the Company's option either refundable damage deposit (which may be in the form of a credit card authorization) or a retained fee for a security deposit program.
5.3.1. the Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to charge the cost of any damage, losses, or theft against the guest's damage deposit. Household items such as kitchenware and small appliances, linens, decorating accessories, a DVD, a music CD, and other similar items ("Expendable Items") are deemed expendable and are therefore not covered by this Section 5.3, except for obvious or blatant damage or large scale theft. the Company will take into account normal wear and tear in calculating the replacement costs for items covered by this Section 5.3.1.
5.3.2. the Owner accepts reasonable wear and tear of the cottage property and contents by guests relating to conditions of furniture, buildings, equipment etc.
- Cottage Availability:
6.1. From the date of this agreement the Property Owner agrees to provide the
Company with notice of the time periods during which the cottage is available for bookings.
6.2. Only after verifying with the Company that no pending or confirmed bookings are being held by the Company, shall the Property Owner be at liberty to use or remove time periods already identified, as per 6.1 above.
6.3. The Property Owner understands that any bookings arranged by the Company based on the availability given to the Company constitute a binding agreement between the renter and the Property Owner.
6.4. If the Owner lists the Unit for sale or otherwise offers to sell or transfer legal or equitable title to the Unit, other than by a mortgage or deed of trust, the Owner will promptly notify the Company of such listing or offer for sale. Owner will cause any Realtor showing the property to communicate first with the Company in order to cause the least disturbance to guests who may be occupying the Unit. Owner agrees that any contract for sale of the Unit will provide that the purchaser will assume this Agreement, but only with respect to any confirmed rentals of the Unit which are scheduled for dates beyond the date of closing under said contract. Owner expressly agrees to notify the Company in writing within three (3) days of any sale or change in control of the Unit by faxing or emailing the Company
- Contents and Description of Cottage Property:
7.1. The Property Owner agrees that the cottage inventory list provided to the
Company will accurately represent the inventory and description of the cottage contents at the time of any bookings.
7.2. That in the event that any item on the inventory list has changed, the Property Owner is to notify the Company immediately.
7.3. That in the event, the Property Owner is unable to supply the accommodation as described, particularly in respect to fundamental elements such as power, water, refrigeration, cooking etc., the Property Owner understands the renter will be refunded accordingly, and the Property Owner portion of the rental will be reduced accordingly.
- Accommodation Rates:
8.1. The accommodation rates will be determined by mutual consent
8.2. The accommodation rates will be reviewed annually by the Company, and
recommendations made to the Property Owner, to determine appropriate increases or adjustments.
8.3. The accommodation rate described above, does not include optional charges such as providing linens, etc. Nor does it include any agency administrative service charge which may be charged to the renter.
- Fees for the above described services shall be as follows:
9.1. the Owner will pay an annual listing fee of $100
9.2. The Company’s charges for booking the property are 20% or a minimum of $150 of the Accommodation rate per booking. Such charges are payable only on weeks booked by the Company.